Friday, April 4, 2008

MY FAMILY LUCKY!

I was into work early today as is the case when severe weather is on the way. It didn't look good as a nasty line of storms worsened west of Clinton. Soon, I was seeing rotation on a cell approaching Ridgeland where my wife works....she did not answer her phone...then texted trees down and marble sized hail! Then I was seeing the hook echo cross the Spillway headed for my neighborhood! The winds looked to be near 100mph! My kids were calling from the hallway at Northwest Rankin High School. I had already told Allison the tornado was ove Ridgeland and headed her way. Audrey said the school was shaking and Andrew wanted to know what was going on! It looked like a direct hit to my neighborhood. Word came half of my next to neighbor had a tree on half his house. I WAS WORRIED. Another neighbor was nice enough to call and let me know my houes was ok. No one was home but are 2 dogs. The top half of a tree was in my driveway. Man, we were so lucky!
The weather hit home today....this is why I do what I do....to wanr and protect people. After all, that is my lifetime calling.

I hope y'all were as luckly as me this go around!

DAVID

Posted at 7:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home