Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Splash and Dash

Hit and miss downpours continue to pop up each day but there is still
very little "overall relief" to the drought that is impacting our area.
I came across some more interesting stats on the record dry weather.
The period January 1 - June 30 is the driest on record at Jackson. Our
2007 total rainfall is 14.79". 1942 was the driest first half of the
year up until this year (15.37") The period March1 to June 30 is also
the driest on record. 6.73" of rain in that period smashes the old dry
spell record of 9.04" in 1985.

At my house the rain has been a no show! Downpours have missed my neighborhood and my March through June total is closer to 5.5" of rain. I gave up on watering my lawn
about 3 weeks ago. Anyone who knows me knows how much I like to work in
the yard and it really hurts to see my lawn all brown. I have been keeping
my plants and flowers watered so my beds look good.

Hit and miss downpours remain in the forecast but I am concerned some dry air
from the east could choke off the threat for the afternoon downpours.
This would especially be true for our eastern counties and could begin
on the 4th of July.

I hope you have a nice holiday!
DAVID

Posted at 6:36 PM

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

David, I have lived in Castlewoods and appreciate you showing us on the map ocaissionally. I am a WAPT regular viewer. Is there some physical anomaly that is causing all the rain to go around us? I'm beginning to believe we are under some vodoo spell!

July 4, 2007 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home